Names Not Numbers conference 2016

I was invited to speak at the fantastic Names Not Numbers conference earlier this week. There were some big hitters in attendance from journalism and cultural commentary. I was part of the 'Provocations' section which was a treat as it gave me plenty of space to raise difficult subjects. I asked 'Is it ok to laugh at a disabled person?' and talked about how disability and comedy has evolved since we started Abnormally Funny People. And I got to say it all in church, St James's, Piccadilly. I was preaching to the unconverted.


Simon Minty speaking to an unseen audience in the St James's church in Piccadilly
Simon Minty speaking at St James's, Piccadilly

Simon Minty speaking to an unseen audience in the St James's church in Piccadilly
Side view of Simon speaking at St James's, Piccadilly

Popular posts from this blog

Dwarfism and the ethics of humour

Truth Bullets and Thought Grenades

Mental Health in the time of Covid 19 - a training course